Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Journey Begins...

I am currently stationed in San Diego and my journey began with a week's worth of paperwork and processing called NMPS which was thankfully also in San Diego.  This is mainly the starting ground where they collect a group of deployed persons to make sure all labs, diagnostic tests, and necessary paperwork are in order to prevent you being deemed not fit to deploy later on.  Because it was in my duty station city, I got to go home to my husband each day!  Yea!!

After NMPS, the next step is combat weapons training at Ft. Jackson in Columbia, SC.  But, because the dates on my orders were incorrect for this next step, I got a two week "stay of execution" before I had to officially leave home.  Yea!! (note the pattern of yea's)


Two weeks later, I arrived at the airport for my flight to Columbia.  This was the line to the security gate at 6:00am.  Yes, we have looped all the way OUTSIDE of the airport!!!! (My flight was for 6:30!!!!)
Luckily, they allowed all active duty passengers to go to the head of the line, so I made my flight:)

2 comments:

  1. That line was NO joke!!! I would have gone back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Shay,I a so excited to be able to view your Blog,and most of all to be able to see your beautiful face. At this point, I am also happy that you are pleased about your deployment to Djibout !Please update me as often as you can,you know your well being means everything to me.I pray daily for you as I always have,to God the Father the Son,and the Holy Spirit.I, too am excited to have your mailing address !Love,Love You Shay! Nana Gladys

    ReplyDelete