Friday, December 24, 2010

A Day in the Life

Here are some pictures of the EMF so you all can see where I go and who I work with on a daily basis.

Here are two of our corpsmen manning the front desk.

Here is the OIC of the clinic

Here is our medical admin officer and our chief, AKA the hardest working people in the clinic

Here is one of the corpsman presenting a patient to LCDR Miller

Here is our lab

Here are two of our nurses on the ward, which is usually empty unless we have post-op patients, or those who need iv fluids or prolonged observation

Here is the ER/physical therapy unit and here is our PT tech and radiology tech, AKA the busiest people in the clinic

Here I am in the OR.  We average about 1-2 cases/month.  Most of the work for the surgeon and myself takes place at the local Djiboutian hospital where we go three times a week

But here is where you will usually find me, the second OR, AKA the office for the surgeon and myself

And here are my anesthesia toys.  I know the machine is not the Mercedes-Benz of anesthesia machines.  But it gets the job done just the same.

But then, lo and behold, I got an early Christmas present.  Brand-new anesthesia machines!!  I didn't even know they were ordered.  So once the bio-med tech finishes the assembly, I have two new anesthesia machines to play with.  Yea!!!

And here is a pic of the whole fantastic Djibouti EMF 17 crew.  (I'm in the second row all the way to your right).

No comments:

Post a Comment