Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

B-I-N-G-O!!!  Yes, I was super excited about playing bingo on Thanksgiving Day.  There were some great prizes that were up and I was determined to win.  Up for grabs were iPods, DVD players, and a 32" flat screen TV!!!
Unfortunately, there is no strategy involved in bingo.  And despite numerous games, I didn't win a thing!  Well, next up is Thanksgiving dinner...

What is this?  Well just as I was getting ready to enjoy the feast, our surgeon and I were called to help out with an emergent case at the French hospital.

Here is Rachel with the French surgeons (after the surgery was completed).

And here I am with the French anesthesiologist.  Notice how he and I managed to stay clean. 


And yes (thankfully), we made it back before dinner was over.  Here's some of the spread.

And they had everything.  Turkey with gravy, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, collard greens, cornbread, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, etc.  But my favorite was...

...the ever so traditional Thanksgiving lobster tail.  By far, my favorite dish!!!

2 comments:

  1. U need to get ur bingo game up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact you enjoyed the lobster over all of that. I would have been excited about the entire spread. So how many tails did you eat?

    (Sounds like someone may need an iPod.... And you need to work on your bingo game. Find some "older" people!)

    ReplyDelete