Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Ladies Night

Tonight the female officers from camp got together for a "Girls Night Out."  I had been looking forward to getting a little dressed up and going to a restaurant in town.  We decided on La Paillote, a Yemeni grill.

It was such a beautiful restaurant, right on the water.  They let you pick the fish you want then they grill it on this special grill.

Here was the finished product
 
I opted for the beef skewers which were delicious, but the fish was amazing!  I will definitely get that next time.

Me and Anna

The rest of the female officers

We also found some of our fantastic corpsmen from the EMF there

And this lovely gentleman was the live entertainment
At first, he reminded me a lot of my late grandfather but then that similarity got a little weird when he sang, "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right."

Anyway, a great night out on the town in Djibouti!

1 comment:

  1. You have the option of fresh fish and.... U ordered what? Lol. Great post. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete